LAMP Connection Issue using Python API

Hi, I have been using the following code to download data from LAMP:
data[“accelerometer”] = LAMP.SensorEvent.all_by_participant(participant_1, _limit=1000000,origin=“lamp.accelerometer”)[‘data’]

When I tried using it today, I got the following error:
HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.morrislab-lamp.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /participant/participant_1/sensor_event?limit=1000000&origin=lamp.accelerometer (Caused by ProtocolError(‘Connection aborted.’, RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’))

can you help me resolve this error please?

Thank you

Hi all, @rhays @avaidyam do you recognize this error? We are yet to resolve this, thanks in advance for any advice.

It does look like this could be an issue with your server as it says the remote end (that is, your server, with the client being your computer running the Python code) is closing the connection. This could be a server crash or some kind of network issue that is unrelated to LAMP at all. Is it still occurring? Could you check with your IT team to see what the logs say for the server?

Hi @avaidyam
Thanks, we were able to resolve the issue and it seems the error was coming from downloading a large amount (complete) of data set. By attempting to limit our download size to 1000 points helped us. We are now getting a new error:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host=api, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /researcher/me/study (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fbd086f8a30>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 60] Operation timed out’))

When we try to access the dashboard, there is no overt error, but we are unable to log in.

Thanks!

Hi Marishka,

It sounds like there may be an issue with your server - particularly as you are now having issues accessing your data through the dashboard. There may be an issue with the service running your api. Can you check your server logs and/or restart your api service in Docker?

Also, would you be able to give the specific line(s) that caused this error? I have heard of this error happening if a API call to fetch, for example, Sensor Events happened multiple times in a row - like might happen in a for or while loop.

Best,
Luke