We’ve received many questions about whether mindLAMP 1 and mindLAMP 2 are compatible, and whether data collected from mindLAMP 1 will still be available once mindLAMP 2 is publicly available.
We’ve worked hard with our developers to ensure that both versions of the app are compatible with each other and no data loss occurs when switching over or using them side-by-side.
To achieve this, our developers began migrating the legacy backend that powers mindLAMP 1 into the more robust LAMP Platform that supersedes it. We’re happy to announce that as of today, the data and backend migration is now complete! However, we’d like to let you know of some important workflow changes made for compatibility reasons:
It is no longer possible to sign in as or create a guest account from within the mindLAMP 1 app.
- This feature was primarily for demonstration purposes, and instead, we recommend using the new “Try It” feature in mindLAMP 2.
- This includes non-guest accounts created with a study code (often
001) but without an assigned password.
It is no longer possible to sign in with just an ID; instead, an email address must always be used.
- This restriction is due to the new security and privacy features in the LAMP Platform, such as audit logging and multi-device/credentials.
- When creating a new Participant or Patient in the mindLAMP 2 app or the web dashboard, an email address and temporary password will now automatically be generated for you (ending in
Progress charts and past survey responses are no longer visible from within the mindLAMP 1 app.
- Because of the integration with the LAMP Platform, data visualization remains available in the mindLAMP 2 app or in the web dashboard, even if the data was collected from the mindLAMP 1 app.
- The “steps/sleep” home screen tile in the mindLAMP 1 app is now a quick shortcut to mindLAMP 2 features, including data visualization. (which will be receiving a complete makeover very soon!)
Our team would like to thank @Synthia_Guimond and her team for assisting us in resolving several major bugs with this data migration process this week. If you notice any bugs or unusual behavior, please let our team know in the forum, or by directly sending us an email.
We hope to share more fantastic news about mindLAMP 2 with you very soon!