Question regarding Steps Sensor Data

Hello,

We are getting inconsistent data for steps data and we followed the below configuration to install steps:

To add steps, we copied below json, went to couchdb, select sensor_spec database, click on Create Document, paste the below json.

{
 "id": "lamp.steps",
 "key": "lamp.steps",
 "value": {
  "rev": "4-d13ce0a73fa151427853586c546e3479"
 },
 "doc": {
  "_id": "lamp.steps",
  "_rev": "4-d13ce0a73fa151427853586c546e3479",
  "type": "object",
  "properties": {
   "value": {
    "type": "number"
   },
   "distance": {
   },
   "floors_ascended": {
   },
   "floors_descended": {
   },
   "pace": {
   },
   "cadence": {
   },
   "active_pace": {
   },
   "calories": {
   }
  },
  "description": "",
  "required": {},
  "additionalProperties": false
 }
}

The below is a sample steps data:
https://gist.github.com/kkadapa/f9e788307d94ec2bfc29f0d49e54f0bf

Please help us with why the data is inaccurate, did we make any mistake in the configuration. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Karthik

Hi @kkadapa ,

Thank you for making this post! We are currently looking into this steps error and the other error you had with API connection. These are both errors we have not seen before which require time to investigate, but we will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, you could also try the same two lines of code that I pointed you toward during the call on Tuesday:

import LAMP
LAMP.connect('user', 'pass', 'server')
LAMP.SensorEvent.all_by_participant('participant_id', origin='lamp.gps')['data']

If it does not work, please post a screenshot of the error here.

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks @rbilden ,

I hope you had a good weekend. Please see below for my two lines of code SSL errors. I did navigate to Macintosh HD > Applications > Python3.6 folder (or whatever version of python you’re using) > double click on “Install Certificates.command” file and “Update Shell Profile.command” still received the same error. Thank you very much for your help in investigating the steps issue. Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Best wishes,
Karthik

Hi @kkadapa ,

Thank you for posting the images, and we are still looking into these errors. In the meantime, we know that multiple teams have succeeded using AWS. If you are looking to get up and running as soon as possible, perhaps you can look into switching.

Best,

Rebecca

Hi @kkadapa ,

Thank you for your patience with our response, as we are still looking into the errors you have posted above. We are currently working on a data portal that you may be able to use to see step data that I will post here next week.

Best,

Rebecca

1 Like

Hi @rbilden,

My name is Reggie, I’m taking over for @kkadapa.

Please keep me in the loop on status. Thank you.

Thanks,
Reggie
rshore@northwell.edu

Hi @rshore
My name is Suraj and I will also be taking over for Rebecca! As of right now, the data portal is still in development, but we will keep you posted here with future updates!

Best,
Suraj

Hi,

Checking if there have been any updates on development.

Thanks,
Reggie

Hi @rshore,

The alpha version of the data portal is now live. While you in admin view of all your researchers/investigators, see the left side of the screen to access the data portal. If you are not in admin and are already in a researcher’s view, you can do the same to access the data portal for all users in that researcher.

Thanks, is there a timeline to beta and eventual release?

Beta is currently in the works and is expected to have a release in the next 2-3 weeks. Still, the alpha version is pushed to production and is officially released. It should still be usable by your team if you pull the latest version of LAMP.