Quick code question

I will be writing out the MAPNET battery in Notepad and then uploading it to LAMP. For the id portion, does it matter what goes here?

[
    {
        "id": "QWN0aXZpdHk6MToxOjQ0",
        "spec": "lamp.survey",
        "name": "survey name",
        "schedule": [],
        "settings":
        [
            {
                "text": "question here", 
                "type": "text", 
                "options": null
            }
        ]
    }
]

Thank you!

Emily,

You can ignore the id field in this case. This file format is primarily only for importing and exporting activities in bulk between accounts and we don’t recommend using it to create new survey instruments. Were there any issues you encountered with the survey builder specifically that you’d like to bring up?

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks, @avaidyam ! 1) I did an import/export of a survey (no in-file editing) but the activity is not displaying on the interface. 2) I see that a previous bug that prevented display of question descriptions has been fixed. However, I don’t see descriptions and prompts in the export file. Since the surveys can not be easily edited once saved, it would be very helpful to be able to make edits to descriptions in the import/export rather than re-entering an entire survey.

@ehe, I was able to reproduce this bug: it seems like survey and question descriptions are not copied exported and therefore not added during importing. I’ll fix that for this week’s release.

Hi @ehe,

This issue is now fixed, but you should also be able to use the survey instrument duplication feature as well.

Thanks for the feedback!