Unable to save edits in "modify an existing survey"

When making edits to our surveys through using the “modify and existing survey instrument” platform, the save button is not available to click so we can not save any edits we make to our surveys. Thank you for the support!

Hi @emilyecarol,

One of the limitations with mindLAMP currently is being able to radically modify an existing survey instrument - currently changes that modify the number of questions, types of responses, or available choices, are not possible. I have identified a bug where in a select few cases, modifying a survey instrument at all is locked out which I believe you’ve run into. We hope to have a fix for this by the end of the month but for now please create new survey instruments and double-check them before saving.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi @emilyecarol,

It appears that @ehe is also experiencing the same issue and would like to update my expectation of resolution for this issue. Editing surveys may not be available soon but I expect that editing a survey is an action rarely taken once a battery/group of instruments is set at the start of a program or study. I will be fixing an issue with importing and exporting survey descriptions in the near future, so for now, please create a new survey and import it as a different survey. Unfortunately as a side effect you will see multiple charts for the same survey.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi @ehe and @emilyecarol,

The new version of the mindLAMP app and dashboard now support duplicating survey instruments and provides more context to saving/modifying survey instruments.

Let me know if these two new features are able to resolve your problems!