LAMP extension application

Hello LAMP team,

I am writing to you as a team member of doc. Daniel Novák’s group from the Czech Technical University in Prague. We’ve been testing and using the LAMP platform for over 3 years now and we’ve had some challenges while using it, especially when it comes to measuring the incoming data quality. That is why, as part of my master’s thesis, I’ve developed an extension application called Qualix. Using Qualix, the study staff can:

• See the participants of a study and their contact information
  • Quickly check the data quality of collected data down to the sensor level
  • Receive email notifications regarding the data quality
  • Generate graphs using collected data

Please see this presentation for more information about our application. We would love to show you how Qualix can be used to make data collection using LAMP easier.

Yours sincerely,
Lukáš Sláma

Thank you for sharing. Given mindLAMP can be customized to offer data quality monitoring, https://mentalhealth.bmj.com/content/26/1/e300718, we would be happy to find a time and meet if you can update the presentation to reflect what can also be done natively in the current version.

-John
PLEASE NOTE: This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records. See our web page at http://www.bilh.org for a full directory of Beth Israel Lahey Health sites, staff, services and career opportunities.

Hello John,

thank you for taking a look at our presentation. I am sorry that the presentation isn’t as clear as it could be.

I’ve read the paper and looked at the code for the data quality visualization. If I understand it correctly, the data quality visualization is done through Cortex, meaning the user has to run the data_quality.py script, which will generate the data quality visualization from data gathered over the past week and insert the resulting graph into the Data Portal.

This means that for the visualization to be generated, someone has to install the Cortex library, manually run the script and then find the visualization in the Data Portal, which was buggy in our testing (see screenshots attached). Furthermore, if someone wanted to change the start and end points for the data quality check, they would have to modify the code, which isn’t very user-friendly.

The main benefit of our application is that it checks the data quality automatically every day and the graph generation is done through a GUI without the need to run any script.

Did I understand the LAMP docs correctly or is there some way to make the data quality check automatic? Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.

Lukáš